About the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Here at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, we’re celebrating the Spirit of the American West!
It took special people to settle the American West–people of vision and courage with strong values and beliefs. This uniquely American story starts with the land and its first peoples, and extends through the centuries to the present day—western experiences that refine the spirit of our nation.
Since 1917, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West has been committed to the greatness and growth of the American West—keeping those western experiences alive for today’s visitors and those in the future. Just as William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody “took the West to the world,” we’ve taken on the challenge of bringing the West to you.
The Little family of Port Angeles, Washington visit one of our tipis. They shared this photograph on Flicker.
Come celebrate the Spirit of the American West with us, and discover the West of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Plan your visit today!
More about the Buffalo Bill Historical Center:
- An Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution
- Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums
The Buffalo Bill Historical Center has been honored with these recent awards:
- Bronze Award, “favorite museum for groups,” National Tour Association, 2012.
- Among Cowgirl Magazine’s 2012 Ten Favorite Western Art Museums.
- Voted best attraction in Cody in 2011 Park County Travel Council visitor profile survey.
- Second on GoNomad.com travel Web site’s list of The Top Ten Best Family Destinations for Learning Vacations.
- National Medal for Museum & Library Service, 2008, Institute of Museum & Library Service.